summer lovin'
I go to sleep every night with a book, yet i don't read. I lay there looking at facebook on my phone. And i think this has slowly become an addiction.
I have been really inspired by nature lately, fallen in love with the sunsets, and the way there is a point in everyday where all you can see are silhouettes, the way i watch my dog sleep, or even the sound of the wind.
I was awakened this morning by sweat dripping down my forehead, and creeping over the arch in my back.
I'm craving a thunderstorm, to wash away this heat. It is breathtaking, literally.
I sat outside houlihans the other day with our busboy Alfredo, and talked about life for about 30 minutes. His wife and 6 month old baby live in Mexico to date, and poor Alfredo hasn't been home since April. While explaining to me, that he will see them again in 6 months he pulled up a picture on his phone. There were mother and child, and his face beamed while he showed me.
He obviously missed them, so i asked why his family didn't come here to visit. His head shook and a smile crept across is chocolaty face when he said, "No, my wife, she hates it here."
i immediately started to laugh, and said not many people do.
"The money," he continued," she hates how that's all that matters here. In Mexico its not about how much money you have."
I was so aghast. This is so undeniably true. In America its always about updates, new versions, new things to buy, new things to make you enviable. In Mexico, what you have are blessings, and what you can afford you do, but what you cant is no problem.
He explained to me, how the only reason he stays in America, and why he works here, is to save money incase his wife or baby happens to get sick. But his store back home, where his friends and family come to buy produce and essentials, thats where
he would rather be.
:)
song of the day: Your new twin sized bed: Deathcab for Cutie
:)
5:17 AM
|
Labels:
summer.
|

0 comments:
Post a Comment